As 2023 comes to a close, it is that time of the year where we think forward to the goals of the next… we have put together a list of why volunteering to support your community should be part of your New Years Resolution!
- Unlike other new year resolutions which people drop after a month, volunteering has a real chance to develop into a passion and something you like doing.
- It’s a good way to expand your social circle and meet new people.
- Volunteering eases the loneliness and is a great exercise in community building which can help you meet like-minded people from all walks of life.
- It makes you feel positive and self-satisfied that you have made a difference to the surrounding community. And this is the time people need the most help, and you can easily contribute to using your skills and abilities.
- Volunteering helps you build work experience/skills whilst also doing good!
- Volunteering helps you meet the nicest people you can meet!